offering ukulele classes, workshops, performances and more
Private and Group options for ages 8 and up
- Private Lessons are currently full, however, you can add your name to my waiting list here.
- Welcome to Mark Epstein (Bass) who will be teaching in Studio B this Fall!
- Group classes that are still available this fall are listed below
Upcoming Classes & Workshops
U-bass Workshop with Mark Epstein
This workshop is primarily an introduction to the ubass, how to play it, and it’s role in an ensemble. We’ll go over the how the instrument works, some techniques for playing it, and I’ll demonstrate by playing the ubass in different styles and talk about bass playing in general.
The U-bass is a perfect instrument to accompany a uke or uke ensemble. It “grounds” the ensemble with low fundamental notes which creates a bigger sound with more impact. Because the bass sounds a bit like an upright, it’s also great for accompanying other ensembles in the folk, country, blues and jazz genres. And it’s the smallest, lightest, most portable bass I’ve ever played! It punches way above it’s weight and it’s fun to play! It’ll make any ensemble bigger and more powerful.
This workshop is open to people of all skill levels
3rd Annual Austin edUKEcation Workshops: Strum & Sing
This year's theme is based on playing and singing simultaneously. Kevin Carroll and Bob Guz will breakdown the essential skills of strumming and singing. The final session will be co-taught by Bob and Kevin and will involve putting the two together. We can accommodate the entire ukulele family (soprano, concert, tenor, baritone and U-bass) and all skill levels. Songs will be chosen for ease of singing and playing and will be sent to registered students prior to the workshops.
- Friday 1/20/17 6:30-9pm 2 class sessions
- Saturday 1/21/17 9 am - 4 pm 3 class sessions and lunch break
- Sunday 1/22/17 noon-2pm Student and teacher performance and optional lunch
- $175 Early Bird Price Extended through 12/10/16 $199 starting 12/11/16
Join Mailing List & Get a FREE Download!
You are visitor number: 34841